Social and Cultural Support

The Social & Emotional Wellbeing team can give you support for you to have better relationships with your partner, family and community by helping you with how you feel and act.

They run culturally safe programs to help you get along better in the community. They can help with money problems, family worries and connection to country and culture.

What to expect

You can yarn about your life and worries with a social worker, youth worker or case worker who will help you to make a plan for things to get better. We can get translators to help with language if you need.

Who can access

Congress helps with social and cultural support to Aboriginal people of all ages.

Young people aged 12-25 years old can also get social & cultural support through headspace.

Available at

You can get this help support through your closest clinic.

Make an appointment

For emergencies call 000


Call us on 1800 142 900

To get this help you will need a referral. You can refer yourself by filling in this form and bringing it to your appointment. You can get help with the form too if you need it.

There is also a form that your doctor can complete and send to Congress.