The Youth Outreach Team provides culturally appropriate case management, advocacy, social support and therapeutic and mental health support to young people aged 10 to 18 years old.
Support with personal and social issues include:
- Disengagement or poor engagement with their education
- Some level of substance misuse and/or abuse
- Overcrowded and/or unstable living environments
- Ongoing anti-social behaviour
- Family related issues
- Physical health problems (including STI’s)
- Unhealthy and sometimes violent relationships amongst peers and partners
- Financial and/or housing problems
- Job finding and/or training difficulties
- Court/justice issues
The team provides advocacy for young people experiencing these issues in many settings including at home, in hospital, at school & in court.
The Youth Outreach Team also works collaboratively with other youth organisations and initiatives to strengthen the youth and justice sector in Alice Springs.
The team can also refer young people to Congress’ Social & Emotional Wellbeing programs.