COVID-19 is in our community!

This virus is spreading quickly. It’s going from person to person in houses. It’s going from house to house in community.

We know you are worried. So we need to help each other, now.

  • Get vaccinated. Young ones too. And the third needle is so important for anyone over 16.
  • Please stay home as much as you can. Don’t have parties. Stay away from crowded places like pubs or the casino.
  • Wear as mask. Wear it properly, over your mouth and nose.
  • Don’t share drinks, smokes, anything like that.
  • Wash your hands

When should I get tested?

You should have a test for COVID-19 if you feel sick, like cold or flu, have trouble breathing, loss or change of taste or smell, headache, fever, runny goonah, blocked nose, tired for no reason.

You should also get a test if you have been a close contact of someone who has COVID. That means if you have spent time some time with them, especially indoors. A person with COVID might let you know that you have been a contact, or health mob or Congress might tell you.

How can I get a test?

You can get a Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) from NTG’s Pandemic Coordination Centre at 44 Bath Street

Congress’ Respiratory Clinic at 127 Todd St (old Memo Club)

You can call ahead to Congress on 1800 514 400. If you have symptoms we will assess you, including temperature and oxygen levels.

If you have no symptoms but need a test because you are a close/household contact, you can collect a test from us to do yourself.

Testing happens at Larapinta and Gap Clinics for people with appointments who need a test because of risk of COVID or symptoms.

If you don’t have a way to get to the clinic, we will organise a doctor to talk to you on the phone, and then work out the best way to help you.

Congress teams are working hard to find people at risk (close contacts) to test them, so can’t do home visits if they are not needed. Please use your own transport if you can.

What should I do if I test positive?

Don’t panic. Now that COVID-19 is here, lots of us will test positive for COVID-19. If you get a positive test, you need to let health mob know. You can do this online if you have internet access and are able. You can also ring NTG’s COVID hotline any time on 1800 490 484 and someone can help you.

Congress workers are helping people who have lots of trouble registering because they don’t use the internet or have a phone, and we are usually with them when they get the positive result.

You need to isolate. That means being somewhere you you can stay away from other people so you don’t give them COVID-19.

You also need to tell anyone who you have been in close contact with since you have been infectious.You may have been infectious from two days before you developed symptoms, or two days before you tested positive if you don’t have any symptoms.

Who will care for me if I catch COVID?

If you are diagnosed with COVID-19, you are asked for information about your health, symptoms and some other things. This might be in person, over the phone, or when you register your positive RAT online. You need to register for COVID CareNT at the same time. This information is used to assess what level of medical and other help you might need to make sure you can stay healthy and safely isolate while you recover.

You must isolate for at least 7 days. If you are not fully vaccinated or have symptoms after 7 days, you will need to stay isolating for 10 days.

Some people will need to stay at home, even if they live with other people, if it’s safe to do so.

Here are some tips to safe isolating

You should tell people not to come to your house. You can put a sign up if it helps.

Some people will be taken to another place to isolate, like a hotel. This happens when the place you live isn’t a good place to isolate maybe because there are too many people living there and you can’t be there safely.

If you can, you need to organise friends or family to help you with food and supplies. Welfare assistance is available for some people too. 

Congress or health mob will also help look after some people who are unwell with COVID at home. The health workers will keep in mind any other medical conditions and monitor your symptoms. 

Some people will get very sick and need to go to hospital. 
If you feel very short of breath or have chest pain or heavy chest call 000 immediately.


Gap Clinic is no longer opening on Sundays or Public Holidays

The Mparntwe Urgent Care Clinic is open every day for any person with an urgent but not life-threatening illness and injury. Walk ins only.

 Visit the UCC website for more information.

In an emergency, always call 000.