Are you ready to quit smoking?
Seeing a doctor or other health professional is a good first step when planning to quit.
This is important, especially if you are pregnant, have any medical conditions (including mental health problems) or are taking any medicines.
Your doctor can help by:
- Providing advice on medications to help you stop smoking. These include nicotine medications and prescribed stop smoking tablets.
- Advising you on how your usual medicines may need adjusting when you stop smoking.
- Referring you to Quitline or other counselling.
Your health professional can also offer encouragement and support along the way. They can chat to you about any worries you might have about stopping smoking.
To find out about ways to quit:
- Make an appointment at your closest clinic
- Talk to the Tackling Tobacco team