Care coordinators are nurses or Aboriginal health practitioners who assist clients who have complex or chronic health conditions.
Care coordinators assist clients by monitoring and coordinating care and treatment plans with other service providers and specialists.
Care coordinators are located at each town clinic and do outreach with the Social & Emotional Wellbeing (SEWB) team.
How to access this service
You should talk with your doctor if you think a care coordinator can help you.
Call 1800 142 900 or your local clinic.
Integrated Team Care (ITC) Program, funded by NTPHN, aims to
- Contribute to improving health outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with chronic health conditions through access to care coordination, multidisciplinary care, and support for self management ; and
- Improve access to culturally appropriate mainstream primary care services including but not limited to general practice, allied health and specialists ) for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people .
The ITC program funds the majority of the Congress Care Coordinator positions. You can read more here.
Care Coordination Manager (ITC & FAAD)
0429 796 642
Chronic Disease Care Coordinators
0490 762 561
0491 174 217
0429 160 767
0427 231 282
(*to late Jan 2023)
0455 499 125
Renal Care Coordinators
0400 476 891
Nissani Sijoy (3 days p/w)
0491 094 907
Lorraine Gilbert (2 days p/w)
0400 654 319
Renal Case Manager (non ITC)
Kathleen (Kraut) Hauth
Frail, Aged and Disability (FAAD) Care Coordinator
0437 788 796
Regional Chronic Disease Care Coordinator
Alice Springs, for clients visiting from remote locations
- ITC: Integrated Team Care program, funded by NT PHN
- FAAD: Frail Aged and Disability Program (Congress)
- Chronic Disease Care Coordination – coordinating multi-disciplinary care and service access for clients with chronic disease who meet the ITC program eligibility criteria.
- Renal Care Coordination – coordinating multi-disciplinary primary health care for clients with end stage kidney disease who are on dialysis.
- Regional Care Coordination – supports the needs of clients from remote communities serviced by Congress (including Mutitjulu, Areyonga, Ntaria & Wallace Rockhole, Santa Teresa and Amoonguna). The regional care coordinator provides transitional support for remote community clients visiting Alice Springs for medical care.