Had a swab... Now what?
Thanks for helping to keep our community safe from coronavirus.
After having a test for coronavirus/COVID-19, there are some simple rules you must follow, until you know the result. You will be provided with a mask if you do not live alone.
- After the swab, go straight home and stay there until you get your result.
- Stay at least 2 metres (3 steps) away from all other people.
- Don’t stop at any shops or other places.
- Do not attend work or school
- Do not have visitors and do not go visiting
- Wash your hands often with soap and water
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow
- And, if you live with other people
- Wear a mask unless you are in a room on your own
- If possible, do not share a room with anyone else in your household
- Avoid cooking or caring for other members of your household.
Your results will usually be back after 3 business days. We will ring you with your results and text you if we are unable to reach you by phone.
If you don’t hear from us after 3 business days, please phone the Congress COVID-19 hotline on 1800 514 400 to check on your results.
Feeling worse or feeling worried?
If your symptoms get worse and you would like to see a Congress doctor, call 1800 514 400 between 8.30am - 4.30pm Monday to Friday
If you are worried on the weekend, please call Gap Clinic on 8951 4444 or 1800 142 900 between 8.30am and 12.00pm.
If you are very worried outside these times, please go to Alice Springs Hospital Emergency Department. Make sure you tell them that you have had a swab taken by Congress.
In an emergency, always call 000