What do we do?
Alukura Women’s Health Service is an Aboriginal women-only place caring for the health of our women and babies. The service is provided in a comfortable and culturally safe place for clients.
Our service provides a multi-disciplinary team approach to ensure Aboriginal women and babies have access to best practice primary health care including:
- Women’s health checks
- Contraception education and advice
- Breastfeeding support
- Care for mums and babies during and after pregnancy
- STI checks and treatment
- Medical care for illness and disease
- Nutrition support and education on good and bad foods and exercise
- Information and referral on how to improve health such as quitting smoking
- Referrals to other Congress health and wellbeing services
- Healthy lifestyle promotion
Call us during open hours or visit us to make an appointment or to find out more.
Please let us know if you need an interpreter at your appointment.
Transport can be provided. Please let the receptionist know at the time of booking your appointment.
Monday: 8.30am – 5.00pm
Tuesday: 8.30am – 5.00pm
Wednesday: 9.30am – 5.00pm
Thursday: 8.30am – 5.00pm
Friday: 8.30am – 12.30pm
Public Holidays: Closed
Please not that Alukura is closed everyday between 12.30pm and 1.30pm