Social & Emotional Wellbeing Service
Our Social & Emotional Wellbeing Service provides Aboriginal people and their families including children and adolescents with holistic and culturally appropriate primary health care for social and cultural wellbeing, mental health and community connectedness including:
- confidential counselling and psychological services including psycho-education;
- social and cultural support including case management, Women’s and Men’s bush trips, art therapy, access to local language speakers and connection to country;
- drug and alcohol treatment for Aboriginal people experiencing the effects of harmful alcohol and alcohol use; and
- a dedicated GP service offering:
- Health checks
- Mental health care plans
- Access to free medications
- Medical care for illness and disease
- Nutrition support – education on good and bad foods and exercise
- Referrals to care coordination
- healthy lifestyle promotion
In order to achieve ultimate outcomes for our clients, we encourage them to assist us to develop their treatment pathways, so that they are empowered to make the changes they desire.
Our Social and Emotional Wellbeing team want Aboriginal people to live longer, happier, healthier lives.
Congress also manager the Alice Springs headspace service provided to all young people in Alice Springs. For more information visit the Alice Springs headspace page here.
We provide our clients with access to transport and outreach services.
You need a referral to attend this service. You can do this yourself by completing a self referral form. You can download this form to print and bring with you, or complete the form when you attend your appointment.
Organisations referring clients to the service can download the form here.
Make an Appointment
Call or visit us during open hours to make an appointment to find out more.
Please let us know if you need an interpreter at your appointment.
Opening hours / hours of operation:
Monday - Friday
8.30am - 5pm
14 Leichhardt Terrace
Alice Springs NT 0870
P: 08 8959 4750
F: 08 8959 4765
Dial 000 for emergencies.