Ingkintja: Wurra apa artwuka pmara
Ingkintja: Wurra apa artwuka pmara is an Aboriginal male-only place providing care for male health and wellbeing.
The service is provided in a culturally safe place for clients with only male workers to help you feel comfortable talking about male health issues.
Our service provides a multi-disciplinary team approach to ensure Aboriginal male clients have access to best practice primary health care including:
- Male health checks
- Medical care for illness and disease
- Counselling (including home visits)
- Sexual health information
- STI checks and treatment
- Anger management and family violence intervention support
- Wash facilities
- Gym facilities
- Nutrition support – education on good and bad foods and exercise
- Information and referral on how to improve health such as quitting smoking and/or drinking
- Referrals to Congress Social and Emotional Wellbeing Service programs
- Health support for Aboriginal men going through ceremony
- a ‘Men’s Shed’ for men to learn new skills
- Healthy lifestyle promotion
Call us or visit us at our clinic during open hours to make an appointment or to find out more.
Let us know if you need an interpreter at your appointment.
Transport can be provided. Please let the receptionist know at the time of booking your appointment.
Mon, Tues, Thurs & Fri: 8.30am-5pm
Wed: 9.30am - 5pm
(closed during lunch from 12.30pm -1.30pm)
19 Gap Rd
Alice Springs NT 0870
P: 08 8958 4567
F: 08 8951 4493
Dial 000 for emergencies.