Congress’ research service endeavours to meet the strategic imperatives of; accountability for outcomes, quality improvement of services and programs and listening to the people it serves.
Congress partners with research institutions to conduct research in core business areas of:
- Medical Care: This research relates to the diagnosis and treatment for management and prevention of Aboriginal illness and disease;
- Social and Preventative Care Programs: This research examines links between family and social environments for prevention of illness and disease; and
- Actions on Social Determinants: This research examines the impact of housing, education, employment and access to justice and empowerment on Aboriginal health.
Congress research partnerships:
- Conduct collaborative world class research that translates to development of a comprehensive evidence base to guide effective practice and policy;
- Develop sustainable research capacity in health and medical research especially within the Aboriginal community controlled primary health care sector;
- Promote best practice approaches to clinical service delivery and public health;
- Promote engagement of Aboriginal people in research, health and healthcare; and
- Adhere to standards of the Central Australian Human Research Ethics Committee.
To view a copy of Congress' Research Register including current, past and approved research projects click here.
To prepare and submit an application for research with Congress, download and complete a Congress Research Application here.
All Congress Board approved research projects must submit a six-monthly progress report and a final report, please download the form here.
Submissions and enquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org four (4) weeks prior to the Research Subcommittee Meeting.
|2019 CONGRESS BOARD MEETING DATES|
|Research Submission Deadline||Research Subcommittee Meeting||Congress Board|
|N/A||Thursday 14 February 2019*||Thursday 28 February 2019*|
|Thursday 7 March 2019||Thursday 4 April 2019||Wednesday 17 April 2019|
|Thursday 9 May 2019||Thursday 6 June 2019||Thursday 27 June 2019|
|Thursday 11 July 2019||Thursday 8 August 2019||Thursday 22 August 2019|
|Thursday 22 July 2019||Thursday 19 September 2019||Thursday 10 October 2019|
|Thursday 17 October 2019||Thursday 14 November 2019||Wednesday 27 November 2019|
*no new research applications will be reviewed at this meeting
NB: Dates subject to change
|REMOTE BOARD MEETING DATES 2019|
|Research Submission Deadline||Board Meeting Dates|
|Tuesday 19 February 2019||Tuesday 19 March 2019|
|Tuesday 9 April 2019||Tuesday 7 May 2019|
|Tuesday 11 June 2019||Tuesday 9 July 2019|
|Tuesday 20 August 2019||Tuesday 17 September 2019|
|NTARIA / HERMANNSBURG (WAHAC)|
|Wednesday 23 January 2019||Wednesday 20 February 2019|
|Wednesday 3 April 2019||Wednesday 1 May 2019|
|Wednesday 5 June 2019||Wednesday 3 July 2019|
|Wednesday 7 August 2019||Wednesday 4 September 2019|
|Thursday 7 February 2019||Thursday 7 March 2019|
|Wednesday 17 April 2019||Wednesday 15 May 2019|
|Wednesday 19 June 2019||Wednesday 17 July 2019|
|Wednesday 4 September 2019||Wednesday 2 October 2019|
|AREYONGA / UTJU|
|Tuesday 26 February 2019||Tuesday 26 March 2019|
|Tuesday 23 April 2019||Tuesday 21 May 2019|
|Tuesday 2 July 2019||Tuesday 30 July 2019|
|Tuesday 17 September 2019||Tuesday 15 October 2019|
|Tuesday 5 February 2019||Tuesday 5 March 2019|
|Monday 29 April 2019||Monday 27 May 2019|
|Tuesday 25 June 2019||Tuesday 23 July 2019|
|Tuesday 24 September 2019||Tuesday 22 October 2019|
NB: Dates subject to change
For more information, contact the Research Coordinator on (08) 8958 4898 or via email at email@example.com