Congress’ research service endeavours to meet the strategic imperatives of; accountability for outcomes, quality improvement of services and programs and listening to the people it serves.
Congress partners with research institutions to conduct research in core business areas of:
- Medical Care: This research relates to the diagnosis and treatment for management and prevention of Aboriginal illness and disease;
- Social and Preventative Care Programs: This research examines links between family and social environments for prevention of illness and disease; and
- Actions on Social Determinants: This research examines the impact of housing, education, employment and access to justice and empowerment on Aboriginal health.
Congress research partnerships:
- Conduct collaborative world class research that translates to development of a comprehensive evidence base to guide effective practice and policy;
- Develop sustainable research capacity in health and medical research especially within the Aboriginal community controlled primary health care sector;
- Promote best practice approaches to clinical service delivery and public health;
- Promote engagement of Aboriginal people in research, health and healthcare; and
- Adhere to standards of the Central Australian Human Research Ethics Committee.
To view a copy of Congress' Research Register including current, past and approved research projects click here.
To prepare and submit an application for research with Congress, download and complete a Congress Research Application here.
All Congress Board approved research projects must submit a six-monthly progress report and a final report, please download the form here.
Submissions and enquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org four (4) weeks prior to the Research Subcommittee Meeting.
|2018 CONGRESS BOARD MEETING DATES|
|Research Submission Deadline||Research Subcommittee Meeting||Congress Board Meeting|
|Monday 1 January||Monday 29 January||Thursday 15 February|
|Monday 19 February*||Monday 19 March*||Thursday 19 April|
|Monday 7 May||Monday 4 June||Thursday 28 June|
|Monday 2 July||Monday 30 July||Thursday 23 August|
|Monday 13 August||Monday 10 September *||Thursday 4 October*|
|Monday 8 October*||Monday 5 November*||Wednesday 28 November*|
*no new research applications will be reviewed at this meeting
NB: Dates subject to change
|2018 REMOTE BOARD MEETINGS|
|Research Submission Deadline||Board Meeting Dates|
|Thursday 1 February||Thursday 1 March|
|Thursday 5 April||Thursday 3 May|
|Thursday 14 June||Thursday 12 July|
|Tuesday 28 August||Tuesday 25 September|
|Tuesday 23 January||Tuesday 20 February|
|Tuesday 27 March||Tuesday 24 April|
|Tuesday 12 June||Tuesday 10 July|
|Thursday 13 September||Thursday 11 October|
|Wednesday 31 January||Wednesday 28 February|
|Wednesday 4 April||Wednesday 2 May|
|Wednesday 6 June||Wednesday 4 July|
|Wednesday 12 September||Wednesday 10 October|
|Thursday 8 February||Thursday 8 March|
|Tuesday 17 April||Tuesday 15 May|
|Tuesday 19 June||Tuesday 17 July|
|Tuesday 18 September||Tuesday 16 October|
|Tuesday 13 February||Tuesday 13 March|
|Tuesday 24 April||Tuesday 22 May|
|Tuesday 10 July||Tuesday 7 August|
|Tuesday 25 September||Tuesday 23 October|
NB: Dates subject to change
For more information, contact the Research Coordinator on (08) 8958 4898 or via email at email@example.com