Congress’ vision is: ‘All Central Australian residents enjoy the same level of health’.
The aspirations of Congress are:
- We are a leader in the provision of Primary Health Care for Aboriginal people in Australia. We look forward, but remember where we have come from.
- We improve the health of our community by providing high quality comprehensive primary health care.
- We provide the highest quality services to our community through all that we do.
- We build the capacity and capability of the people in our organisation. By doing so, we strengthen the capacity of Congress.
- We remain committed as a community controlled organisation.
- We provide employment and professional development opportunities for Aboriginal people at Congress.
- We listen to, and respond to, the needs and wishes of our community.
- We have stable and sustainable funding.
- We ensure the services offered by Congress consistent with community needs.
- We advocate and partner with the broader community to identify and address the causes of poor health such as education, employment and housing.